Wednesday 31 December 2014

My 2014 perfumes!

I have built up quite a collection of new fragrances in 2014.

I have bought 19 new releases from this year.

Marc Jacobs released more limited edition Daisy fragrances, Daisy Delight and Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight, both of which I love.

Daisy Dream came afterwards with a unique bottle design.

Jimmy Choo have had some fantastic releases in 2014. Exotic was re-released in an orange bottle for 2014.

Flash London Club was a fragrance I was really excited about. It has a similar scent to the original Flash, which is my favourite.

Stars is a limited edition release from Jimmy Choo. It was probably the last thing my fiancé ever bought me before becoming my husband and it was a great gift. It has a scent along the same lines as the original Jimmy Choo fragrance and the longevity is just as impressive.

Cacharel Noa L'Eau was a limited edition release for the summer. The original Noa fragrance is one of my favourites and this version is a light, fresh and slightly aquatic interpretation.

DKNY's MYNY was released in the summer and it is something really different from DKNY. I have lots of fragrances from the Be Delicious range, but this is a lovely, sophisticated, floral scent. I haven't heard much hype about it, but it really is a lovely scent.

DKNY did release a few new fragrances from the Be Delicious range, which I bought into.
There was Golden Delicious Sparkling Apple, Be Delicious Sparkling Apple and Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Sparkling Apple. In the UK these fragrances are only available from The Fragrance Shop.
They are all lovely and fresh, but they do smell similar to previous releases from the Be Delicious range.

Vera Wang Forever Vera is very difficult to get hold of. It was supposed to be exclusive to Kohl's in the USA. It is a really nice, well balanced fragrance. It is quite a mature scent.

Vera Wang's Princess Power is the latest release from the Princess collection. Like last year's release, Pink Princess, Princess Power is only available in 30ml or 50ml bottles, which annoyed me. It is a lovely, crowd pleasing, fruity-floral fragrance.

Vera Wang Be Jeweled Rouge is another 2014 release. It is really sweet and fruity. I love it.

Lolita Lempicka Minuit Sonne is an amazing fragrance. The deep liquorice flower note seems more prominent than in the original Lolita Lempicka fragrance. I love the fragrance, but the bottle has glitter on it, which comes off onto your hands, which is a bit annoying.

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid is a strong, warming fragrance. I love this fragrance. It is unique, mature and lasts well.

Nina Ricci's La Tentation de Nina is another beautiful scent. It is bakery-sweet and really different to other Nina releases. I think this was a great offering and I look forward to trying next year's Nina Ricci fragrance, Les DĂ©lices de Nina.

Juicy Couture's Juicy Couture Malibu was released for the summer alongside Couture La La Malibu, which I have not picked up yet. Juicy Couture Malibu is a lovely summer scent. It is similar to the original, Juicy Couture fragrance, but is a bit less harsh. It has a very light, fresh feel to it. I really like this fragrance, but I have to admit it isn't the longest lasting fragrance.

Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere isn't technically a new fragrance for 2014. It was originally released in 2007, but in 2014 it was released in the classic, rectangular Chanel bottle. It is a lovely scent. It is similar to the original No 5, but this one seems lighter and has a more sparkling opening.

2014 has seen the release of many other lovely fragrances that I have not managed to add to my collection yet and I hope 2015 will bring lots of new and exciting fragrances that will no doubt mean my collection will grow and my shelf space will shrink!





No comments:

Post a Comment