Saturday 28 June 2014

Jimmy, Juicy and my MUA delivery!

Today I have been weak.
I was on allbeauty.com and when I saw that they had this year's Jimmy Choo Exotic in a hard to find 100ml bottle I had to have it. At the unbelievable price of £34.95 there is nothing I could have done to stop myself.

I thought I would be able to afford a little mistake like this, but then disaster struck. An email from Debenhams came through saying I could have 10% off with a voucher code if I paid with my Debenhams credit card and I made the mistake of having a look at their fragrances and noticing that Juicy Couture's summer releases, Juicy Couture Malibu and Couture La La Malibu were on offer.
The 150ml bottle, which usually costs £63.00 was only £42.00 plus with 10% off that would be £37.80 so I was going to buy both, but then it emerged that the 10% voucher code could not be used on beauty or fragrance so I just bought Juicy Couture Malibu - the orange one for £42.00. I also should be getting a free beach towel with it.

I noticed when I added both fragrances to my basket only one free towel was added, whereas I once ordered three DKNY fragrances from thefragranceshop.co.uk and three free bags were added to my basket and received so Debenhams lose points from me twice today.
I tend to put free gifts like these on ebay and I usually get quite a good price for them. I once got around £20.00 for a free Marc Jacobs umbrella, which makes my fragrance purchases feel a lot cheaper.


I received my make-up order from MUA that I mentioned in a recent post..
The eye palette looks amazing, but it's not for me - I'll have to get one for myself next time.
The matte lipstick (in white packaging) is great. It looks and feels natural and is better lasting than their normal lipsticks (in black).

The face primer is a bit weird. I'm not a fan to be honest. It feels a little bit greasy at first, but rubs into my skin easily and your skin still looks bare. I just don't like the texture.

The eyelid primer was what I was most looking forward to as a replacement for my Benefit Lemon Aid and it works well, but it seems to be a more intense yellow colour than Lemon Aid and I much prefer Lemon Aid.
I sometimes used to wear Lemon Aid on its own on my eyelids with no eye shadow, but I feel like this one is a bit too yellow to wear on its own. I suppose it isn't bad for the price and it does the job, but I do still want another Lemon Aid.



Here are my swatches - the top one is the primer then left to right the pro-base prime and conceal, number 16 lipstick and Fawn Fancy matte lipstick.


No comments:

Post a Comment