Thursday 29 September 2016

Chanel No 5 L'Eau

This month has seen the release of Chanel No5 L'Eau; a light and fresh interpretation of the original No 5 introduced to appeal to a younger, modern audience.


I love Chanel No 5. I have had the eau de toilette and I am currently using the eau de parfum. The problem with No 5 for me is that I find that it doesn't last very long and I never notice it on myself when I am wearing it.

The new release confused me a bit because there was a fragrance released a few years ago, No 5 Eau Premiere, which was a modern interpretation on No 5 which was lighter and fresher so what is the difference between No 5 L'Eau and No 5 Eau Premiere?

I managed to get to a tester of No 5 L'Eau today and I found it to very nice. It is quite similar to No 5 Eau Premiere.
It is less aldehydic than No 5 and No 5 Eau Premiere and it has a light, fresh, citrusy scent. Citrusy scents aren't always my thing, but you can count on Chanel fragrances to get it right. It is definitely a modern scent and I think it could be a distant relative of Chanel Chance with its sophisticated floral notes.

The fragrance notes in No 5 L'Eau are lemon, mandarin, orange, neroli, aldehydes, rose, ylang-ylang, jasmine, cedar and white musk.

The staying power has not improved for this offering, but I do think it's worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment