Friday 31 October 2014

October Shopping

I have eventually ordered and received the Lolita Lempicka fragrance I have been lusting after, Minuit Sonne and it's gorgeous.
It has a lovely, sweet, powdery scent. The fragrance notes are liquorice, jasmine, iris, myrrh, vanilla and benzoin.
The scent is along the same lines as Lolita Lempicka's Le Premier Parfum, but the liquorice note is heavier and more intense in Minuit Sonne.



The bottle looks the part, but it is very glittery and all of the glitter comes off and goes everywhere. I find myself holding this bottle awkwardly to avoid getting glitter on my fingertips. This is rather inconvenient as you can imagine.

I have also been purchasing a few new make-up items.
I got Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette, which I absolutely love already. I love matte eyeshadows and all but one of the eyeshadows in this palette is matte. The pigmentation is brilliant and it's impressive how many looks you can create with 6 eyeshadows.
It is also a great size and fits in my make-up bag no problem.



I ordered the palette from urbandecay.co.uk along with their All Nighter Long Lasting Make Up Setting Spray, which has beaten other make-up setting sprays on the market hands down in comparison reviews.

Another make-up item that I decided to purchase was Clinique's Long Last lipstick in the shade Sugared Maple, which is a dusky pink colour.

I have always been impressed with Clinique lipsticks in the past, finding them really comfortable to wear; not drying at all.

I have gone a bit lip crayon crazy lately and bought Model's Own, NYC and Revlon lip crayons all from Superdrug and I also bought two Rimmel mascaras that I have been wanting to try for a while.
I have started using their Scandal'Eyes Waterproof Mascara (the orange one) and so far I have been really impressed. It really separates your lashes.

Boots had another points event yesterday so I couldn't keep myself away. My husband chose an electric shaver, which I bought him for Christmas and I bought Clarins Double Serum for myself.
It has won all sorts of beauty awards.

It claims to be, "the only anti-aging treatment with 20 plant extracts to stimulate all of the skin's vital functions and prolong its useful appearance."


Moving on to candles I have found some amazing scented candles in small jars that look very similar to Yankee Candles' jars. They are by a company called Wickford & Co.
I only bought them in two different scents, Pumpkin Pie and Toasted Mallows, but there is another called Cinnamon Spice.
There are more in the range, but the others aren't as seasonal.
I have already burned through my first Pumpkin Pie jar, but I have another to burn.



These candles are only 49p from Home Bargains, which I think is incredible because the scents are amazing and they really fill the room when the candle is burning. I do think there is a difference in quality between these and Yankee branded candles and I think Yankee candles have a longer burn time, but at 49p you more than get your money's worth from these fabulous scents and they'd make a nice little stocking filler.

No comments:

Post a Comment