Thursday 2 October 2014

Boots Points Event!

Today, 2nd October 2014, is Boots Advantage Card Event at most larger Boots stores.

Basically if you have an advantage card you receive £12 worth of points for every £50 that you spend in store or online you receive £12 worth of points for every £75 that you spend.

I headed to Boots earlier and bought myself some treats. I got DKNY's new fragrance, My NY. It's a lovely fragrance. I feel as though it's about time DKNY released something different. There's usually about 3 apple shaped bottles resembling the original Be Delicious released each year and I have loads of them, but I didn't buy the last ones that came out, the City Blossom range.
I was quite excited to try the City Blossom Urban Violet fragrance from the range as I love the scent of violet, but I couldn't even detect the violet in it and to me it smelled very similar to others from DKNY's Delicious range.
I tried it ages ago so I might try another tester if I come across it.


I have only just found out that there is a new range from DKNY. It is called the Sparkling Apple collection and the bottles look amazing! I kind of need them even if they all smell awful. I hate the way companies prey on people who like sparkly things. I hate being one of the fools that fall for it!





Anyway I think My NY is a step in a different direction and the fragrance is very different from the Delicious range. It is very feminine and more sophisticated than the packaging would have you think.





My NY cost £68 for 100ml so I thought I might as well spend more to take my balance to £100 or more so I'd qualify for two lots of £12 on my advantage card (yes, I'm one of the fools who fall for that too).
I had wanted a new foundation anyway so I got Chanel's Vitalumière Aqua Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup as it calls itself.

It was £33 so that took my bill to £101, by which time I felt I'd spent enough. I would have liked some new lipsticks too, but I already have too many and I was happy enough with what I got.

Another foundation that I really want to try is NARS Sheer Glow foundation, but as Boots don't stock this brand Chanel came first.

No comments:

Post a Comment