Sunday 8 December 2013

Naughty December spending - all for me!

I can't stop shopping this week. Every day there is an inbox full of emails from dozens of retailers desperate to persuade you to part with your cash in their shops or on their websites!

I put a large order in for some fragrances yesterday at www.allbeauty.com. Their stock changes slightly every day. I have noticed because I go on the website every day! I'm addicted!
I noticed that they have restocked some of the older fragrances, which have become quite difficult to find elsewhere so I ordered Truly Pink (100ml for £32.95 RRP £52.00), Sheer Veil (100ml for £36.95 RRP £59.00) and Anniversary (100ml for £36.50 RRP £75.00).




I love the shape of the bottles and I love Vera Wang's fragrances as you may have guessed by my blog name.

The original Vera Wang by Vera Wang is gorgeous.
Lolita Lempicka's Eau Jolie is currently on special offer on allbeauty.com. The 50ml bottle is £21.95 (RRP £40.00) and it is the only apple shaped Lolita Lempicka bottle on their site that I don't have.
I love the bottles. They are gorgeous.
I do prefer the scent of Lolita Lempicka's midnight fragrances, but this one is still lovely.
Also this may sound a bit sad, but I haven't seen any of these Lolita Lempicka apple shaped bottles in the 50ml size. I have a 30ml bottle and an 80ml and a few 100ml bottles, but I haven't seen the size of the 50ml bottles so I am looking forward to 'trying this out for size'!
They are also selling the 30ml bottle on allbeauty.com for £18.95 so the 50ml bottle is a really good deal.



I love the original Gucci Flora, but I don't yet own a bottle.
Recently the Flora by Gucci Garden Collection has overtaken the original Gucci Flora on my want list. The two that stand out to me are the Gorgeous Gardenia and the Glorious Mandarin so I started my collection off with the Gorgeous Gardenia, which was just £37.85 for 50ml (RRP £49.00).
Also in the collection there is Genourous Violet, Glamourous Magnolia and Gracious Tuberose.



I prefer the smaller 50ml bottles as I think they're really cute. I love the shape of them and the black bow around the neck of the bottle is a nice touch as well.


Another purchase I made was John Galliano by John Galliano. I recently watched a youtube video where someone was showing their perfume collection and said that this scent was one that had to be tried and I was intrigued.
The eau de parfum was recommended, but allbeauty.com only had the eau de toilette so I thought it couldn't be too dissimilar.
You can buy the eau de parfum at www.fragrancedirect.com for £36.50 for a 40ml bottle (RRP £43.00), but my 40ml eau de toilette from allbeauty.com was only £14.50 (RRP £36.00), which I thought was very reasonable especially since it was a blind buy.
Larger bottles of this fragrance are quite hard to come by.
I do prefer the colour of the bottle for the eau de parfum.

I also ordered Nina Ricci's Nina Elixir, which cost £31.75 for 80ml (RRP £55.15 apparently). I mentioned in a previous post that I suddenly decided that I want every Nina Ricci fragrance ever released and I do love this one and it is very reasonably priced.


Later on last night I started looking at the other Nina Ricci fragrances in the lovely apple shaped bottle and I managed to track down Pretty Nina, which is quite difficult to find now.
I bought it for £45.00 for 50ml from www.freemans.com, which is the website for the British catalogue clothing retailer so I expect it to be the real deal.
The bottle is really pretty, but I do think these 50ml apple shaped bottles look rather small. I'd love to see one of the 30ml bottles. They must be tiny!
On the subject of size I love the fragrance poster campaign with this oversized bottle in it. I would love to own a giant bottle of perfume!



... Anyway back to my allbeauty.com order.. After my purchase last night, this morning I logged in to one of my old email accounts, which I used to use to order from allbeauty.com (when it was cheapsmells.com) and what do I find in my email inbox? An email from allbeauty.com, which they sent me yesterday morning saying, 'We miss you' and when I opened it up:

I was rather irritated by this. Us loyal customers receiving no such email, when I could have saved £20.00 with two separate orders and these codes to hand as I'd spent £85.00 twice over.
I thought about cancelling my order and reordering, but there is no cancellation button like there is on some websites and it would mean emailing customer services and the codes expire today so it seemed like a lot of hassle.

I didn't want to miss out though, so you won't believe what I did.. I put in another order!

I ordered the other Gucci fragrance that I wanted; Flora Glorious Mandarin is currently on offer for £44.95 (RRP £53.00).
Nina Ricci's Ricci Ricci Reflets Mysterieux is another that I can't wait to receive. I love the original Ricci Ricci so will be pleased to welcome this to my collection. It cost £39.62 (RRP £55.00).
With less than £1.00 needed to make up the £85.00 and with a rapidly decreasing bank balance my third purchase was just £3.49 (so I got my £10 discount).

It is strange because I was just looking at really old fragrances this morning on www.fragrantica.com, the online perfume encyclopedia and this one came up: 4711 Original

The fragrance was originally launched in 1792 and it is unisex.
My £3.49 gets me a 25ml 'watch bottle' of the eau de cologne.



No comments:

Post a Comment